Saturday, February 6, 2010

One in Christ

Psalm 28:1-2 To You I will cry, O Lord my Rock; do not be silent to me, lest, if You are silent to me, I become like those who go down to the pit. Hear the voice of my supplications when I cry to You, when I lift up my hands toward Your holy sanctuary.


God of our Fathers,

We thank You for Your inspired Word, who took on the form of a man and dwelt among us. Thank You for giving Him power over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him. And thank You for making us one with Him, even as He is one with You. Grant us diligence to make our calling and election sure, even as David prayed to be kept distinct from those going down to the pit, and hear our requests as we bring them before You.

We thank You for causing Your Word to be preached at Providence Community Church in Pace, Florida, and at Cooper Springs Church in Odenville, Alabama. Bless each of these congregations by Your Word and Sacrament this Sabbath day, and cause them to go out refreshed and energized to serve You in the coming week. Bless also the ministry of our missionaries in Russia, Japan, and Belarus; and especially the work of those continuing to labor for Your kingdom in Haiti. Grant that the aftermath of this earthquake might prove the turning point for that nation, and that the whole world may marvel at Your power as You show Yourself mighty on that island.

...For You, Lord, are our strength and our shield; the saving strength of Your anointed. Save Thy people, and bless Thine inheritance. Feed us and lift us up forever; even as we lift our united voices in the prayer that Christ taught His disciples, saying…

No comments: